Children need to understand how all forms of bullying, including cyberbullying, hurts and how important it is not to stand by when someone is being bullied. It is crucial therefore, that children learn “netiquette” or the informal code of conduct on the internet.
Following are some netiquette guidelines:
- Avoid hurting someone’s feelings by email or other forms of electronic communication.
- Respect other people’s online rights.
- Avoid insulting someone.
- If someone insults you, be calm.
- Avoid “crashing” discussion groups or forums.
- Respect the privacy of other people online.
- Be responsible online.