When you meet with the school administration, you can ask:
- To have your child’s complaint investigated.
- What action will be taken to protect your child (if the bullying has been investigated).
- What support the school can offer, e.g. counseling or supervised mediation between students.
- That the incident be treated in a confidential way, especially if you suspect that the bullying might get worse if others know your child has told about it.
- How the situation will be monitored in the days or weeks afterwards, inquire about the arrangements for supervision in the school.
- The teachers to put your child sitting near a supportive student.
- What will happen next, e.g. do other parents need to be informed? Should meetings be arranged with them?
- To be kept informed about progress. Fix a date for this and establish who your contact person will be, and when they can be contacted.